MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
The Marketing and Social Media internship consists of three primary components:
- Planning and creating multimedia content.
- Distributing tons and tons of targeted, high-value content (much of it textual).
- Actively taking steps to grow our social media audience across all platforms.
This is an internship for college credit. Applicants must be college students currently enrolled in an accredited institution, and actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field (i.e. Marketing, Business, Communications, Media, Fine Arts, Design, Fashion, or SOMETHING that requires you to be able to plan, successfully implement, and measure digital marketing strategies). This is an unpaid internship.
Our company has a very fast-paced environment. There’s always something new going on, and things can change FAST in this industry We’re the sort of people who get alerts to our phones when Facebook rolls out updates. Of course, the flip side is constant change means constant learning, so you can let the geek in you shine.
Some Basic Information
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Influencer Marketing – Learn the inner workings of the fastest-growing segment of digital marketing.
- Performance Metrics – Influencer marketing is more than huge followings and attractive influencers. You will learn how we use data to figure out the REAL success of an influencer long before we measure the success of a marketing campaign.
- Growth Hacking for Marketers – Mostly Sunny is all about data. So, you will work with our team to test great (and not so great) ideas for the sole purpose of totally crushing it on social and in search.
- Brand-Building with SEO and Outreach – Brush up on your charisma and creativity to dream up BOSS content ideas for BOSS authority sites.
- Data Analysis – More numbers. We love numbers. Measure the performance of projects – large and small – to collect and analyze campaign data.
- Inbound Marketing – Help us come up with cool ways to catch the eye of the best brands in the world.
- Tools – We use A LOT of tools. Seriously, it will be like Mission Control on your laptop.
- Content Development and Marketing – We’re not talking any old blog posts here. We want that big, bright brain of yours to dream up content angles that people will be searching 6 to 18 months from now.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re a pretty down-to-earth bunch, so if you’re interested in applying, click APPLY below:
Applications that are submitted using a job site (instead of emailed to the above email address) will not be considered.
About This Position
COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE
- You’ll be working with the Content Marketing team to distribute content to every nook and cranny of the web. We want to over-index on every piece of pillar content we create.
- Create condensed forms (micro content) of long-form pillar content for redistribution on LinkedIn Pulse, Medium publications, Facebook, our email list, and and across other platforms.
- You’ll be working with the Content Marketing team to plan, create, and schedule multimedia content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- We need you to curate the MOST compelling snippets of content from our books, blog posts and other assets to repurpose on social.
- Understand each social media platform well enough to post the right kind of content at the right times. As you are probably aware… or maybe not… in the marketing space, infographics dominate Twitter. BUT great images from our past campaigns perform best on Instagram. While our LinkedIn audience is all about timely (seasonal, topical) strategies, our Facebook audience loves getting their hands on influencer marketing insights. Your job is to pull from our existing content that which each audience wants and present it to them in a way that is most appealing to them.
- Help us plan and deploy strategies that will fulfill specif business goals.
- Work with the Content Marketing Coordinator to create multimedia content.
- You also need to monitor the behaviors of our audience so we have better insights into the types of content we can create to drive desire outcomes when we launch paid campaigns.
- And of course, a big part of that is finding smart ways to use our content to grow our audience, engagement and value across all 5 social media platforms.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE:
It would also be useful if you were proficient with some of the following tools: Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Marketing, Squarespace, Google Analytics, Moz, Streak, Slack, Asana, G Suite, HubSpot
- If you are applying for this position – remote or otherwise – you must be prepared to treat this internship as a job.
- You must be very comfortable crafting ideas in writing. We’re not talking white papers and book reports here, we’re talking likable, knowledgeable and quirky.
- You should also feel right at home on the social media platforms mentioned in this job post.
- Creativity and brainstorming is an important part of this job. We want you to love your job, so you should ideally love doing creative stuff!
- We’re looking for people who are active users of social media themselves, especially Instagram.
- This position requires balancing a lot of tasks at once, so it’s really important for you to be quick on the computer… you should be armed with a pretty fast typing speed (yes, that’s still a thing) and able to pick up new software and skills easily. We’re all keyboard-shortcut nuts here. Which means we go beyond the basics of Command C and Command V. 🙂 You should know more than those two as well. Optimizing is fun, right?
- You’ll also need to be organized as all get out.
And finally, you need to have the always-be-learning attitude. We want people on the team who are looking to expand their skill set and really grow within a company.