- How We Collect and Use Information. We care about the privacy of our Users. You understand that by using the Services you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information as necessary to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services. We collect the following types of information about you:
- Cookies information: When you visit the Services, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Services), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Services over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Services. When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our customers. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Services by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smartphones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Mostly Sunny . A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Services. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Services. Some features of the Services, particularly location based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences.
- Sharing of Your Information We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Mostly Sunny and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted below:
- What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer Mostly Sunny , or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, published advertising copy and other information related to the Services may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of Mostly Sunny .
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): (i) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- California Privacy Rights: Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Mostly Sunny pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for a response.
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Keeping your information safe: Mostly Sunny cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Services. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or accounts. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Mostly Sunny , at all times.
- Compromise of information:In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Mostly Sunny will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Your Choices About Your Information
Links to Other Websites and Services